Before submitting a reservation request to use one of the UTLC rooms, you must read the guidelines below and agree to abide by all requirements.
Requirements for room usage
- Rooms are to be used by UNCG employees or students only; your UNCG login will be required to reserve a space.
Students must have a faculty or staff member reserve the room as a representative of their group.
- Rooms MUST be returned to their original state before leaving. This includes all furniture returned to its proper configuration, trash taken out, and any other mess cleaned. Please keep these rooms in the condition you found them for the next group. (Click here to view the Faculty Center Layout. This chart is also posted in the Faculty Center.)
- Check the calendar here to ensure the time you would like is available. Please keep in mind that while the calendar is updated frequently, your requested time may not be available.
- The UTLC is open from 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. If you submit a request during our office hours, you should receive a response quickly. If the form is submitted outside office hours, the request will be processed the next working day.
Using the Space
- Technology: Each room has certain equipment available, listed in the appropriate descriptions. If you will need additional equipment, please explain in the reservation form. We will try to accommodate your needs, but cannot guarantee we will have what you need.
- Furniture: Feel free to move or rearrange furniture as needed. HOWEVER, do not remove furniture from the rooms, and be sure to return the room to its original arrangement when leaving.
- Food: Food is allowed provided you have indicated your event will have food on the reservation form. All surfaces must be wiped down and any messes cleaned before leaving. Trash must be removed to an outside dumpster. Do not leave any leftover food.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can only be consumed in the Faculty Center. Any alcoholic beverage use MUST be approved by the Office of the General Council. More information can be found here.
- Catering: Catering and outside vendors may be used. Meeting the caterer, signing/paying for orders, and cleanup are the sole responsiblity of the reserving group. Information about UNCG catering may be found here.
When you are done
- All furniture must be returned to its original position. Most rooms will have a diagram by the door of the original arrangement.
- If food was served, all surfaces must be wiped and all trash must be taken out to the dumpsters. No leftover food is to be left behind.
- Make sure all outside items have been taken with you. We are not responsible for items left in the meeting rooms. This includes equipment, personal items, and anything else that was not originally in the room.
- Be sure the door is closed and locked behind you when you are done. Rooms should be unlocked before you arrive for the event, but if the room is still locked you may contact Damon Roberts (336.334.3871, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There may be a fee charged if housekeeping has to clean the room after your event. If you arrive before your event and notice the room is not clean, contact Damon Roberts (336.334.3871, email@example.com) immediately to avoid paying a fee.